request - Text editor center alignment

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
red_muze
request - Text editor center alignment

it would be nice to have the text editor be able to center the edited text inside. (useful for controllers)

and perhaps a right to left alignment can be nice for right to left languages.
cheers!

thanks!
Assaf

Simple Actions -> C0mPL3X R34Kt10NZ
www.synthschool.com

jules

Yes, I've got some code to do that, which I've been meaning to merge in..

red_muze

yay you rock! :D

Simple Actions -> C0mPL3X R34Kt10NZ
www.synthschool.com

igor

I just spent time looking for a way to do alignment or justification with a TextEditor component, and came to this thread.

I'd like to second the motion for left, right and center alignment of text.

atom

was this done ? i can't find anything about justification in the TextEditor class.

--------------------------- Ctrlr - http://ctrlr.org ---------------------------
jules

I don't think I ever added it (..?)

atom

could you ? :)

or was there a problem and it can't be done.

--------------------------- Ctrlr - http://ctrlr.org ---------------------------
jules

I think it was just a bit of a PITA to write, and I never got round to it. It is still there on my to-do-list.

justin

Not to hijack, but what's the possibility of adding unicode(MLTE) text entry to texteditor? I'd fly to the UK and hug your feet...not much of an incentive i know, but... :wink:

atom

on the subject of PITA, apart from beeing a urban dictionary acronym for pain in the ass it's also a type of food, that was sold in all theese little booths on the central train station in a town i used to live in. there was like 20-30 of theese booths and they all sold this

it had this white sauce in it, that got everywhere but your mouth. at some point someone got interested in this fenomen (it got very popular) and did a test on what did those PITA sandwiches contain. Apart from the obvious unhealthy chemicals and rotten veggies it also contained some amounts of Sperm, but the most interesting part (if that wasn't enough) is that it was HORSE sperm (i always thought it would be human, some bored sauce maker person getting off on the job).

I just wanted to tell you that PITA can mean both of theese things.

And it it comes to foot fetish stuff, i offer my services as well.

jules

(I thought that was spelt "pitta"...?)

Quote:
Not to hijack, but what's the possibility of adding unicode(MLTE) text entry to texteditor?

It's already unicode, of course - so do you mean right-to-left layout?

Pages