ProTools automation menu

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Franky47
ProTools automation menu

Hello guys,

I'm trying to display the Automation menu that you can find in ProTools Mac when Ctrl+Alt+Cmd clicking an UI component bound to an automatable parameter.

For some reason, mouseDown with the given modifiers will not trigger anything. The solution I have in mind would be to let ProTools handle this shortcut and bypass Juce's handlers for this particular combination of actions..

Did someone already experienced this?

This statement is false.

audiogaming
Re: ProTools automation menu

I think I'm having the exact same problem as you do. I want to enable this shortcut and I am wondering if it could be handled "automatically" or not. I read on RTAS SDK's official documentation that one should not override the shortcut as it is supposed to be handled directly by the SDK, but I don't see anything in Juce framework that would suggest it would work.
To make it work, do we have to:
- recognize this specific combination of keys in a mouseDown callback, and then
- send somehow a message to the RTAS SDK, to launch Pro Tools' automation menu for the parameter linked to the component?
If so, I must admit I don't see how to send this kind of message to the SDK...

Were you able to find the solution to your question? Does anyone have any clue about that?

AudioGaming - Natural Born Interactive

fbecker
Re: ProTools automation menu

I'm looking for such a thing. Apparently, implementing CEffectProcess::ChooseControl is half of the problem: it is not called when the editor uses the Juce framework. I haven't achieved yet to find which method or call should trigger this functionality. Related: http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9208

nickname moala on IRC: #juce on irc.freenode.net

ryanmcgee
Did anyone solve this?

Did anyone solve this?

fbecker
For AAX, yep. I've no time

For AAX, yep. I've no time for posting it here for the moment, but it will come eventually. There are 2 additional issues on windows though which I had to overcome:

- on windows, Juce considers win ctrl = mac cmd, however I needed to address such different keys differently.

- on windows, Juce is not receiving the "start" key notifications as Pro Tools eats them.

ryanmcgee
I got it working for AAX as

I got it working for AAX as well, but still stuck on RTAS...

valhallasound
I have had customer requests

I have had customer requests for this as well. Any advice/help/code/framwork changes are greatly appreciated!

Sean Costello

fbecker
Currently discussing with

Currently discussing with Jules about the windows key issue on Windows & with Pro Tools (which eats the windows key and only provides info through the AAX SDK). Jules does not want custom PT-specific hacks in the key management system, however I doubt we have another option. I must answer him about that.

williamk
What ever happened to this? I

What ever happened to this? I'm also in the same boat right now. My AAX files lacks those things and PT users requested that I add support for PT Automation Menu.

stian
Same boat as well

I'm receiving requests for this as well, so any hints about how to solve this would be highly appreciated!

fbecker
I've got it running on both

I've got it running on both Mac&Win Pro Tools; I've communicated the patches to Jules, however it's still a no-go for Jules for the windows-key hack for Pro Tools on Windows. Anyway, this gives my plug-ins a competitive advantage :p.

Pages