LookAndFeel requests

94 posts / 0 new
Last post
jules
LookAndFeel requests

People often need to write custom UIs that involve doing something beyond the scope of the current LookAndFeel class, and might involve me adding methods or otherwise tweaking the L+F.

So please use this thread to post requests for things like colour IDs that should be added, methods that need extra parameters, etc. and I'll try to keep up with any sensible requests!

ke20

Hi Jules,
My first request is a getTooltipWindowFlags() which would be called in the TooltipWindow constructor such as the getMenuWindowFlags() like this:

if (parentComponent != 0)
    {
        parentComponent->addChildComponent (this);
    }
    else
    {
        setSize (1, 1); // to keep the OS happy by not having zero-size windows
        addToDesktop (ComponentPeer::windowIsTemporary | getLookAndFeel().getMenuWindowFlags());
}

The second is a way to set the PopupMenuWindow transparent when the drop shadow is disabled. But I don't know how to do that beacause we have to be sure that the drop shadow is disabled before set it transparent.

Kevin

kraken
kraken's picture

i would like something like this. we have no way to change default row height for ListBox contained in FileListComponent:

int LookAndFeel::getFileListComponentRowHeight ()
{
    return 22;
}

must be triggered on the lookAndFeelChanged callback of the FileListComponent i think.

mdsp

so,

here is my treeview indentation request:
http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juceforum/viewtopic.php?t=2807

and

the need for isOpen in drawFileBrowserRow:
http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juceforum/viewtopic.php?t=2948

NiallM

I'd appreciate colour IDs for DrawableButton's background colours. At the moment they're hard-coded and you need to call setBackgroundColours() to change them.

Cheers,

- Niall.

spiderman
AlertWindow

Hi Jules,

Just want to put this request here:

http://rawmaterialsoftware.com/juceforum/viewtopic.php?t=2960

spiderman
ComboBox background & Slider Colour

In some cases it would be useful to alert the user to unitialised or empty combos that would pop out from a group of components. E.g. an 'empty' or 'not selected' background colour (defaulting to the normal colour) would be nice.

Along these lines, maybe the sliders could use an alternative colour, which would be triggered by a min and/or max value.

(this is not really for L&F class, but belongs here, I guess)

Thanks!

zamrate

I think it would be very useful, if somehow Components could be told what LookAndFeel class to choose from at runtime. So one could have (for instance) different looking TextButtons in one app.

otristan

like the already existing Component::setLookAndFeel for example ?

Olivier

haydxn

i reckon the ultimate would be to merge some of the drawingxml code from the Jucer with a LookAndFeel, allowing a L&F to be specified from an XML document. The challenges faced at ensuring it works should surely expose all weak spots that need addressing, as well as providing a [obviously slightly inefficient] skinning system.

xh

zamrate

otristan wrote:
like the already existing Component::setLookAndFeel for example ?

Gosh, I didn't know that method existed... I knew LookAndFeel::setDefaultLookAndFeel() only. Please ignore my post.

Pages