Dev/modules doxygen?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
bdejong
Dev/modules doxygen?

Hello Guys/Jules,

What's the best way of generating the doxygen docs for Juce "dev"? The docs on the site aren't the latest and some classes are missing (because they were obviously added after the last release). Is there some kind of nightly build URL I should know about? :-)

cheers,

- bram

jules
Re: Dev/modules doxygen?

I don't currently have a neat way of doing this.. My doxygen scripts are all a bit hacky and won't run on other people's machines, which is why I've not released them. What I should really do is to have a dev docs section on the website that I can keep up to date, but I just haven't got around to sorting that out.

bdejong

Is there any way community members could help?

- bram

jules

Thanks, but probably not, it's just involves me writing some scripts to auto-update my website.

jules

FYI, I've put a copy of the latest docs up here:
http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce/api_latest/classes.html

bdejong

Cool! Thx Jules!

I guess that now with the modules it would be cool to be able to see which class is contained in which module in the future - but I don't suppose that's too easy!

- bram

jules

bdejong wrote:
I guess that now with the modules it would be cool to be able to see which class is contained in which module in the future - but I don't suppose that's too easy!

Yeah.. I need to do some research in doxygen and see if it has any tricks for doing that kind of thing.

X-Ryl669

jules wrote:

Yeah.. I need to do some research in doxygen and see if it has any tricks for doing that kind of thing.

You can use the "@addgroup" for this, or, probably better, you should put your modules in different namespaces.
Nothing prevent you from doing "using juce::audioProcessor" in the final meta-module file, yet, Doxygen will put your classes in the right namespace.

X-Ryl669

jules

Hmm. Using @addtogroup works, but I'd take me hours to plod through all the hundreds of classes in the library and add that to their comments..

X-Ryl669

That's seems the worst issue to me.
Putting modules in namespace is a better solution IMHO.
If you run your plan till the end, we'll end up in multiple user-written modules with user-specified (loosy) name and they'll probably overlap. So I think it's a sane way to use namespace for what they were designed, starting now.
You don't need to change much of the code to support namespace'd modules, since you only need to modify the "BEGIN_JUCE_NAMESPACE" macro for each module.

X-Ryl669

jules

I'm a bit reluctant to use namespaces because lots of people will have written code that just has "juce::" everywhere, which would need changing. I'm also keen to keep the namespaces short. But I understand your point, and was thinking about it - maybe it's something I'll change in the future.

But as far as doxygen goes, using namespaces actually wouldn't be any easier than adding @addtogroup, because annoyingly, doxygen doesn't actually parse all the code properly, it just reads each .h file separately, so unless every .h file contains a namespace declaration, it won't know about it. And the way all my code is structured, none of my headers contain any namespace info, except for the top-level ones. So for this to be visible to doxygen, I'd need to add a (doxygen-specific) namespace to all those hundreds of files.

Pages