Although the library itself is developed and directed by one person, it's surrounded by a thriving community of open-source and commercial users.
Millions of end-users use JUCE-based software every day, in the form of applications, plugins, embedded firmware, and who knows what else.. The library's pervasiveness in the multimedia industry means that pretty much every piece of music, film or TV made in the last few years will have involved a JUCE-based piece of software at some point in its production or delivery.
The JUCE job-market
Knowing your way around the JUCE library is becoming a marketable skill in the world of C++ jobs – see the "JUCE Jobs" section on the forum!
And if you're hunting for JUCE-based work, please also visit fiveyearitch.com, who are keen to hear from anyone with m4d JUCE skillz..
Commercial JUCE users
This list is a fairly small selection of users who've volunteered links to their projects. JUCE is also licensed by many other companies, including some household-name global megacorporations whose legal departments prefer to remain anonymous..
- Tracktion – JUCE was originally developed as part of the Tracktion audio workstation - ten years old and still going strong!
- PPMulator – PPMulator was a Raw Material Software audio plugin, now maintained by zplane
- Codex Digital – most of the big Hollywood movies are recorded on these JUCE-based machines!
- Cycling 74 – Makers of Max MSP
- Echo Audio
- Image Line
- TC Group
- Open Labs
- Muon Software
- Digital Juice
- P Softhouse
- Sonoma Wireworks
- Sonoris Software
- Merging Technologies
- D16 Group Audio Software
- Ueberschall – Elastik 2 loop & sample player developed with JUCE
- ICT7 – the company making CopperLan
- Togu Audio Line
- Empty Room Systems
- Bome Software
- Sound Radix
- SonicWeb Radio – iPad Internet Radio Player
- AudioGaming – Maker of Procedural Audio VST
- MAGIC – Multitrack Audio & Graphics Interactive Composer
- ROLI – Taking the piano keyboard to a new level! These machines run JUCE on an embedded CPU
- Studio Devil
- Future Audio Workshop
3rd-Party JUCE Modules
- dRowAudio Module – Module for audio processing and display
- VFLib Module – Extensive series of modules relating to concurrency, audio, Lua, databases...
- PluginParameters - Utilities for helping to manage different types of audio plugin parameter
Open-source JUCE projects
- Ctrlr – MIDI hardware editor and librarian
- Jost – Native vst / ladspa / dssi modular host for linux
- CREATE Signal Library (CSL)
- Haeduc2 – multiplatform authoring tool
- UGen++ – Audio processing library based on the look and feel of SuperCollider
- FFT Viewer – Open Source FFT Plugin that uses the accelerate framework (mac only)
- Juced – A 3rd-party branch with various added classes
- DSPFilters - Vinnie Falco's DSP classes
- ISSE project - Stanford University & Adobe
Universities Using JUCE
- University of the West of England
- University of Chicago
- University of Huddersfield
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Illinois
If you'd like to have a link to your company or project added to these lists, please contact me!